Wednesday 1 February 2012

Pinch, punch, first day of the month... NO RETURNS!


I bet you didn’t expect to see this post today! First and foremost, I would like to apologise for the lack of posts recently. The blogging hiatus – which I predicted in my post last week – has indeed, come true. In the end, having an exam daily for a week, has taken the toll on the frequency of my blog posts. I have not lost interest in blogging, in any way, although when I started writing this post, I did feel like I was out of the swing of things, but fear not! Luckily, I only have 2 left this week, so more posts will be coming towards your way!
On one hand, I can’t believe that it is February already, but on the other, thinking of how much work/exams I have had in the last few weeks, New Year certainly feels like it was a long time ago! I think it’s time for an update organise my life out. I doubt this post is going to be interesting to read, but I like having it for my own personal reference. You can just skip to the P.S. if you want to read something slightly interesting!

This month I have...

  1.  Been to S.A.’s Party
  2. Had lots of “fun” revision sessions with M.
  3.  Lost my bloody phone!!!
  4. Done around 921743788719432813621 science past papers
  5. Climbed out a window at the Chinese New Year party and also got an “I ate all my lunch” sticker

Update on New Year’s Resolutions
The Serious Business

  •  GCSE’s get some great results YES
Well, it’s a bit early for that, but I have had 3 science module exams, and I feel that they have gone satisfactory. As for other subjects, I feel like I really need to do some Music and French coursework, but I am happy with how Resistant Materials and Geography are going.

  • Manage my time more effectively NO
I certainly have failed at this, considering I have been going to sleep 11.30pm+ every single night and waking up at a ridiculous time too. I think I am going to go unsubscribe to loads of people on YouTube and keep my ukulele in my case, as I am wasting so much time, watching pointless videos and strumming the same chords, over and over again! I think I’m going to start doing a “to-do list” for every single day because I like being meticulous, otherwise it’s hard to juggle everything.

  • Be a bit happier YES
Yup, I think that I have been quite positive this month.

  •   Make 2012 the best year ever
Hmm, a bit too early to decide that!

More Light-Hearted stuff

  • Stop saying “init” so much YES
  •  Look after my plantNO
This is certainly something that it has failed in... The plant is looking increasingly glum and dying. The leaves are really quite yellow, thus my B2 knowledge is telling me that it is lacking in Magnesium.

  • Become a ukulele masterYES/NO
Kinda, ish... I have been playing my uke far more often, but I would hardly say I was that good.

  • Improve my appearanceNO
  • Stop making duck faces and get a new Facebook profile pictureNO
  • Actually try and complete my music courseworkYES/NO
Only my 2nd composition and ensemble recording left!

  •  Blog at regular intervalsYES/NO
It is addressed above. I have, although, managed to write 15 posts in January, so I have stuck to my blog every other day commitment. Depressingly, the number of views I am getting has really decreased quite dramatically, but I am just reminding myself, that this blog is for me, and my own enjoyment.

What I want to achieve in February (half term more specifically)

  • Start going charity shop shopping, but don’t tell my mum as she thinks its skanky and I will get diseases from the clothes?!
  • Start my style blog and work out how to use my dad’s Nikon SLR, so I can actually get some decent pictures.
  • Finish/make significant headway with my second composition
  • Recorded Bach violin double for GCSE Music ensemble
  •  Upload everything on for Duke of Edinburgh
  •  Blog every day during half term (and you can shout at me if I don’t!)
  •  Have sent off my application my Headstart course application
  • Watch all the Desperate Housewives that I have managed to miss!

    I think that is it!
Here is another list of potential blog posts for the next week (just so I don’t forget to write them)

  • Tribute to my Dad
  •  Intelligence and GCSE’s
  • End of my chronicle series*
  • Stuff I want to buy *
*would perhaps go on the new blog that I want to start.

Okay, this blog post sucked. But it’s more of a reminder/to do list for myself.

Ciao for now,

Rebecca x
P.S. Pinch, punch first day of the month, no returns!
P.P.S A kick and a flick for being so quick/ a d*ck/ a pr*ck.
P.P.P.S A stab in the eye for being so sly.
P.P.P.P.S A thumb on the back for being so slack.
P.P.P.P.P.S Pull your hair for being un-fair.
P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Why is violence always used to celebrate a new month?

3 comments:

  1. aha I'm in it! :D plus yes we need to do the headstart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arghhhhhh D of E :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. tehehe yes you are, :) and ikr, is this fiona? :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, what are you waiting for? Type a comment. I know you want to... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...