This subculture is not to be confused with other mainstream-loathing, artistic elitist stereotypes, such as being "indie" or "scene", but they are much the same. They say they are against following trends and feel that they are above the norm by expressing their "individuality", when in reality, ironically, they all seem to dress/act in a same fashion. For example for hipsters, they to all seem to coincidentally have a soft spot for, triangles, galaxy print, messy hair, moustaches and Rayban Wayfarer glasses.
A nebula is a cloud interstellar gas and dust. Some nebulae are the remnants of a supernova explosion, when in other cases are gravity-induced condensations of gases, which may lead to the formation of a star.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE LIFE AND DEATH OF A STAR?
Anyway, back to what we were talking about, there are 5 main types of nebulae:
- Cold clouds that reflect light from nearby stars are reflection nebulae.
- Hot, ionising clouds that glow their own light are known as emission nebulae.
- Cold clouds that absorb passing light from background stars are known as dark nebulae.
- Shells of gas produced by a star near the end of its life cycle is known as a planetary nebulae.
- When a supernova at the end of a star's life and a large amount of matter is blown into space, this matter glows with the remains of the star, and is know as a supernova remnant.
|The Trifid Nebula is an example of a reflection nebulae.|
|The Orion Nebula is an example of an emission nebula|
|The Horsehead Nebula is an example of a dark nebula.|
|The Cat's Eye Nebula is an example of a planetary nebula.|
|The Crab Nebula is an example of a supernova remnant|
Nebula Print in Clothing
After Christopher Kane's 2011 Spring/Summer pre-collection with a variety of space printed garments, this has been a popular trend among fashion blogs and of course, in the infamous tumblr. I am obviously a huge fan of this trend because if it is done well, it can look amazing, but it can easily end up looking really tacky and cheap.
|The awesome Alexa Chung rocking two Christopher Kane dresses|
Left to right:
- Jeffery Campbell - Cosmic Litas
- Romwe - Mysterious Universe Assymetrical skirt
- DIY black wedges
- DIY black Vans
- Christopher Kane chiffon shirt
- Black Milk - Galaxy Blue leggings
P.S. I am seriously falling behind with my write a blog post every other day commitment. I am trying but it takes me so long to write and edit a post - one hour minimum! Sorry guys, but I have GCSEs. :(